Search This Blog

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Metal

stealth edited on 19-9 with slightly newer song
and then stealth edited again on 20-9 with even newer song

No youtubes today, but instead an auditory preview. Musical mastermind Pete Brannan has graciously offered to write some original tracks for Gloom.

A few years back Pete astounded me with a top notch soundtrack for Revenge of the Evil Aliens*. I had decided to put that game up for sale which meant replacing all the music which consisted of (unlicensed) tracks of some of my favorite artists such as UNKLE. I handed him the soundtrack and said I wanted something that "sounds like this", not expecting much. Imagine my surprise when he came through with some great sounding tunes that have even been noted by reviewers as a high point of the game!

But enough flattery, here's a first draft of what a Gloom song might sound like:

Peter Brannan - Metal1


And for reference of how a completed song sounds, here's the final level for Evil Aliens:

Peter Brannan - Revenge of the Evil Aliens (Stage 3)


*available now FREE on personal computer and CHEAP on xbox live indie games!

No comments:

Post a Comment